November 19th, 2013. We had Tracy Foutch with his Tornado Bus and Dan Rojas with his Mega Lighting Storm.
Tracy and his F5 Tornado;
- The focal point of the show is his “Ultimate Safe Room Bus”. Why do this at all?
- After a tornado or hurricane, folks in this country help each other, often way before FEMA gets there. I have heard of very little theft or other crime in these areas. Police and Fire are on scene almost from the start and people start rebuilding and helping each other without direction.
- If you want to do the most, make the bus a rescue and help bus for your neighbors. Go out and help them with the “Ultimate Safe Room”.
- Spend $$$ on your underground shelters. That WILL pay huge dividends.
Dan Rojas and his Mega Lighting Storm;
- We have had a grid in the USA for decades, lighting longer than that and no real grid shutdowns. This event is on a list of possibilities but not probabilities. Do a proper lighting rod and move along. You have solar, expand on that and add battery storage for more off grid capabilities. Add a generator for short term use.
- His idea for melting metal to make tools. Build a blacksmith shop and that’s how you make tools. Tools that are cast a crappy and don’t work well at all.
- Cooking with that big ass Fresnel lens. Buy or make a solar oven, they work great.
- I like science, a lot. This was a science show and interesting but not practical.